Join us for a delegation!
Travel with us to Nicaragua to visit our partners on the ground and see the projects we support. These people-to-people cultural and educational exchanges strengthen a 30-year partnership that brings together people with a mutual commitment to improving livelihoods.
Each delegation focuses on one or more areas of our program, allowing delegates the opportunity to be a part of the work that they are most interested in. Past delegations have enabled travelers to:
- Enjoy Nicaraguan culture and its beautiful people
- Get dirty helping to build libraries and organic gardens alongside Nicaraguan volunteers
- Discuss human rights with local communities, government officials, and international agencies
- Visit our lending libraries to read and play with children, and see community volunteerism at its best
- Learn about constraints to health and education in low resource communities
- Gain a better understanding of urban/rural social challenges in the developing world
While there, delegates also have the opportunity to see the beauty of Nicaragua by touring colonial towns, hiking a volcano or visiting one of the most beautiful lakes in the world.
2018 Delegation Trips
Midwinter Break Trip: February 16 - 24, 2018 [FULL]
Trip Testimonials & Photos
While traveling with Dos Pueblos, you’ll have the opportunity to visit our partners and see first-hand the projects that we have helped facilitate. Our small delegations are designed with our delegates in mind, and we will try to plan our trip to meet your needs and suit your interests.
A recent delegation included the following activities:
- Welcome dinner with delegates and local volunteers
- Visit to the communities with new water projects
- Luncheon and ceremony to recognize the work of the water committees
- Visit to the hospital and meeting with the hospital director and representative from the Nicaraguan Health Authority
- Meeting with local women’s health organizations to establish connections for health workshops in Tipitapa
- Visit to international partner offices
- Visit to the Ciudadela library
- Meeting with women from the microfinance project
- Children’s adaptive design workshops and home visits
Plan Your Own Trip
To plan a trip to Nicaragua that will meet the needs of your family, community group, church, or school group, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-580-1247.